Blood anyone?
So this town is ah-mazing so far!! Lets see where to start...
- We were sitting having a team meeting of our hostel the other day and low and behold guess who walked in: Tim and Jamie from the slow boat! Just to think that out of all the hostels there are in this city they would pick the one that we are at! It's great to see them again. Anya and I were walking down the street yesterday, more like on the street and Tim and Jamie passed us in a tuk tuk they yelled Cheaters! I about had a heart attack because I didn't know who was yelling! So last night they were in on the computers, so I went up behind them and scared them! It was great, we have a rematch in cards tonight at 8pm! They will probably lose, but it will be great to talk with them and share our adventures so far!
- I gave blood yesterday to the childrens hospital here. I never thought I would be in a 3rd world country giving blood! It was super easy though a lot easier than in the states. I have a rare blood type so they really needed it. It was great to be in the place that it is actually going to! The children are really sweet and it was just great to help. Although after I was done, I got up and walked over to the laboratory where Anya was waiting for me and I started feeling dizzy and I couldn't hear anything, yep I blacked out. They layed me down and gave me some water and I felt much better. I just got up to fast and after loosing a pint of blood that could have happened to anyone. I got to know the doctors real well after that. I'm fine now though I don't even have a bruise on my arm. It was a good day!
- Our team has really been seeing the blessing here, we have run into so many other people that we met either in Thailand or Laos. Siem Reap isn't really a small town and there are a lot of hostels but they all seem to end up at the one we are staying at! It's all by God and that is amazing! We are probably headed to Phnom Penh in the next couple days then we will make our way over to Hochiman, Vietnam. We will spend a week or so in Vietnam then we will go to Phuket Thailand and spend a week there then we fly out of Bangkok on February 11th. I am excited for these next couple weeks and to see what God is going to do with our team and with me as an individual!
Thank you to all who are praying for me and our team! I hope everyone is well! Prayer Requests that I do have are:
- Deeper Conversations with people that we meet
- Team Unity
- Love for others
- To not have a fear of man and to be bold to step out in our faith!
God Bless!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment