It has been so awesome here! I know I keep saying that but God is so good! I just can’t get over that I’m in New Zealand, serving one amazing God. There are more snowboarder staff arriving this week so over all there are about 30 people on base. One thing about YWAM is that you learn how to build relationships with everyone that crosses your path! Like for instance in the kitchen I have 4 people that I order from. The chef before me was good about building a reputation with them. When I go to the butcher in town here I pretty much go everyday or everyother day, but sometimes I bring them cookies so yesterday the main man Mark came out and said I'm the favorite that comes in. It's just funny you know before they wouldn't say two words to me and just hand me my meat, now about all the guys come out to say hello. I love it, with my milk man he and I have a special relationship, see I just gotta tell ya he is about 5'2''. When he came in the other day I jumped out and scared him, he said he's gonna like coming here now because he's not the shortest person anymore.
It's all about building relationships. I have found that the stronger relationship I have with God the deeper I can go with people. The kitchen is mainly the heart on the base here. If it's not kosher then it affects everyone around. If I have a bad day then the food may not be so good, then the people that eat that food will be affected by it. That's why I wake up every morning and say today is a great day! I find that it helps me start the day off right. God is bigger than anything in the world, he can fix anything, give anything, take anything away. We are a body we need every part to survive here...
No comments:
Post a Comment