Oh what a wonderful day this was! I know some of you are celebrating it right now, have fun! So being an American cook here on base it was fun to cook thanksgiving dinner. Given that some people are from Canada and Europe so Canadians celebrate in October and Europeans don't celebrate it at all. It was fun to share this experience with different nations. They don't have turkey here so we had chicken breasts. Stuffing (my grandma's recipe) was a hit! Mashed potatoes with fresh chives and pepper, gravy and homemade rosemary bread. To top it all off, homemade pumpkin pie from scratch. Now, I know what you're thinking, pumpkin pie from scratch, but it's not what you're thinking.... Since they don't have canned pumpkin here I had to boil the pumpkin and make my own. Guess what, it tasted better than any other pumpkin pie I'd ever had! So it was a very successful thanksgiving day! Everyone was willing to help out which was like home. It doesn't feel weird being away from home for the holidays, granted this is my second time gone. I guess this just really feels like home to me which is amazing. everyone here are my brothers and sisters. I was blessed that having this family time last night and the meal made everyone so happy and thankful. I was blessed! God is so good and I have a lot to be thankful for. God bless you on this amazing day!
ps. Don't eat too much!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment