In one conversation today we were talking about comforts and being comfortable. I just read the book Radical by David Platt. He talks about the church and how it is today and how we need to get our mindsets of living the "American Dream". So the question was posed, what's the difference between comforts and being comfortable? My thought is that, yes we are supposed to live a life like Jesus that does mean struggling, being mocked, or even the extreme of persecution. Sure we are called to an "uncomfortable" life style. It doesn't mean we can't be content with where we are it also doesn't mean that we can't have comforts as long as they are not idols and if you hold them loosely. As long as you are prepared to loose the things you have then it is alright to have them. God blesses us with different things we just need to be content with what he has given us and where we are with him. It also came up that I am a nomad, how we got here I don't know. Yes I am a nomad technically I don't have a permanent home but I'm pretty ok with that, it gives me opportunities that I didn't have when I had an apartment, 2 jobs, a car and so on. When I was home working it was great but when I think back to it, I remember feeling so empty. Somedays I would think what's the point? I feel like I'm a puppet just adhering to the worlds standards. Which is fine for most people I'm just speaking for myself. I feel completely content with being a nomad, I have been for the past few years. It is great and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I'm not saying it's for everyone because it's not, we all have different callings on our lives and we are all fulfilling a different purpose god has for us. Different parts of the body, that's the beautiful part! So for that I am thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment