So where to begin. I think I'll start with a bit of a back story:
So going back 6 months ago I staffed the Snowboarders DTS. Which was the experience of a lifetime. I wouldn't have changed any of it! God totally knows what we need and when we need it. In my head I was just thinking, I'll be base staff until my commitment is up. Serving in the kitchen. In order to finish my Basic Leadership School (BLS) I needed to lead an outreach team to show that I could lead in certain situations overseas. Once I completed that I graduated in November 2011 with the SDTS. I was looking at staying on base and serving them in whatever way possible. Well God had something different in mind. Whenever I would pray about the next step all I kept getting was Tauranga. Go to Tauranga and I'll give you your next step. Well I was already planning on coming to Tauranga for Christmas with an amazing kiwi family that I've known for a while. Anyways so I came up here looking to be here a month for the holidays and that changed within a week. I kept feeling this pull towards the House Of Prayer. Which is probably one of the last things I was willing to do. So I debated with God a few weeks on the subject but in the end I put my application into do the Awaken Internship at THOP.
So without further ado, I've been accepted! I will be starting April 23rd and graduate July 13th.
What is the Awaken Internship?
So going back 6 months ago I staffed the Snowboarders DTS. Which was the experience of a lifetime. I wouldn't have changed any of it! God totally knows what we need and when we need it. In my head I was just thinking, I'll be base staff until my commitment is up. Serving in the kitchen. In order to finish my Basic Leadership School (BLS) I needed to lead an outreach team to show that I could lead in certain situations overseas. Once I completed that I graduated in November 2011 with the SDTS. I was looking at staying on base and serving them in whatever way possible. Well God had something different in mind. Whenever I would pray about the next step all I kept getting was Tauranga. Go to Tauranga and I'll give you your next step. Well I was already planning on coming to Tauranga for Christmas with an amazing kiwi family that I've known for a while. Anyways so I came up here looking to be here a month for the holidays and that changed within a week. I kept feeling this pull towards the House Of Prayer. Which is probably one of the last things I was willing to do. So I debated with God a few weeks on the subject but in the end I put my application into do the Awaken Internship at THOP.
So without further ado, I've been accepted! I will be starting April 23rd and graduate July 13th.
What is the Awaken Internship?
The Awaken Internship is the primary onramp to all that happens at the Tauranga House of Prayer Missions Base. It is a 12 week immersion into the mandate and lifestyle of night and day prayer and worship. Interns spend 4-6 hours a day before God in the Prayer Room and receive daily teaching that’s aimed to equip them to cultivate and sustain a life of deep and authentic communion with God.Awaken is a unique training program in what it offers and where it takes place. As we impart understanding of the vision and values of day and night worship and prayer, we will lay a clear foundation on Biblical themes of intimacy with Jesus, intercession and urgency. These subjects – Intimacy with Jesus, Intercession and Urgency – are communicated in an environment of prayer and worship so that interns can establish a personal root system in God (as opposed to just hearing lectures).
Where Will I be Living?
I am living with an amazing kiwi family in Tauranga. I will be living here during the Internship.
America?
I will be home at the end of July. Not sure for how long but for a few months at least.
I've found that God always makes me do the things I least want to do. Not that the internship is something I don't want to do, it's just something that I put off my radar. I'm super stoked to have this opportunity to serve God and get to know him in such an amazingly new way. Sitting in his presence for 4 hours daily will be a challenge but I'm so ready and excited for it!
If you would like to support me in this time I would greatly appreciate it prayerfully and financially. For more info on financial support and ways to do it just send me an email and I can give you further instructions. courtodd@tds.net
Many blessings to all of you and I will keep you more up to date on what's happening!
-C-
No comments:
Post a Comment