What can I say except that now I am 21. It's my birthday in the states right now. It's pretty cool that I get 2 birthdays. I will tell you that one exciting thing I did on my 21st birthday was that I got a 2nd degree burn on my right hand. I was putting more wood into the fire place and it slipped and my hand hit the edge. It was a huge black mark and when I saw it I thought "Sweet" but when I washed it off I said "Ouch!" it's not too bad it will be a sweet scar though! It was nice celebrating here with friends. Although I had to work in the kitchen and prepare lunch, Saturday dinner and Sunday dinner. It was overall a good day. My grandparents called me that was a nice surprise!
Today is a nice relaxing day. I am sick so I'm getting plenty of rest and fluids (although I have to go to the bathroom every 10 min) I am keeping up on them. Our whole house is sick though, which is nice that we can all go through it together. We still have about 100 people on base, which is also tiring. At the butcher today (Saturday) they asked me how many people we have, when I told him about 100 he said "man when they all leave you won't know yourself" I told him I know, since I'm sick I barley know myself now. They are so nice down there which got me thinking that although they're not christians or have a personal relationship with God, I can still rub off on them! I can still be a good example when I walk in there with a good attitude. Or when I call in and ask how they are. No matter what we can set such an example. A verse popped in my head yesterday which goes along with this: "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an examble for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12 I love this verse because I am younger than some of the people that come through here which can be annoying when older people don't know how to humble themselves and ask for help from someone half their age. I understand is can be hard, even when I have to do it I sometimes have a hard time. But in order to grow you have to go through it. That's about all I can muster up for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment