Thursday, July 8, 2010

What Have I Become...

Valor means: strength of mind or spirit that enables a person to encounter danger with firmness, personal bravery.
This word is such a cool word. It's really something that can define your life and how you are. I had this spoken over me the other day. This word reminds me of David. I have my last day tomorrow with studying him. Learning how to have a heart like his is truly a blessing. Even through his failures there is a blessing. Whenever I am learning something I always have to remind myself to just take what you want and leave the rest. Otherwise it takes a while for me to process things.
Tomorrow I turn 21. I really can't belive it's here. My twentieth year was very good to me. I went to New Zealand and learned how to live for God. I went to SE Asia and saw his people there, different life styles and the love they have. I was only home for 3 months. I learned how to play bass. I learned how to run a kitchen. Although I am still learning each and everyday I would say I had a pretty good 20th year. I am excited for what God has in store for me next. What I mean by next is each and everyday, second, minute, hour.
“So, I learn from my mistakes. It's a very painful way to learn, but without pain, the old saying is, there's no gain. I found that to be true in my life. You miss a lot of opportunities by making mistakes, but that's part of it: knowing that you're not shut out forever, and that there's a goal you still can reach.” - Johnny Cash
I like this quote from pretty much my favorite singer. It's ok to make mistakes, if we didn't we wouldn't be growing. If we're not growing then we are at a stand still. Which isn't really that good because we need to experience different  things. i.e. I never thought I would travel to Asia. It was just never one of the places I wanted to go, but it's not about what I want it's about what God wants for me. He knows the future, where I'll go what I'll see. What mistakes I'll make. That's pretty cool to me because then I know it's all going to be alright! Why should I worry at all when I can pray and he can take care of it all!
What am I without God? I am nothing and he takes me as I am. He is the most amazing man ever! No matter what I've done he will still love me so much! "Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. May the LORD bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel." - Psalm 128
What have I become? Well I can tell you that I am becoming a woman of God and I am his daughter. We are all his children. Christian or non Christian... Dude it's not religion it's relationship. One thing that the churches need to learn. It's for sure not how many people are there on Sunday but it's about how many people you affect with the word of God. When you worship that's when you start to enter into the presence of God. For me that's when I can pour my heart out to him and start focusing on him for the rest of the day. In the kitchen I have worship music playing because it's positive and because it talks about an amazing man. Since I have started to play the bass on the worship team I have had so much joy to be able to use the gifts God has given me for him and his glory. I want to be a woman of valor. It will take a lot to earn that believe me it's not going to be tomorrow. I have a lot to learn still. Then again we all do don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment