So this is the first house my parents built when I was like 3. This is the house that was the foundation for a lot of stuff. My dog is buried here in the woods. I had my first strawberry patch here, I scared my brother and he fell out the back door, I learned how to go to the bathroom outside, I learned how to make a fire, how to overcome my fear of dogs, how to use a hammer. Tons of stuff! Although this cabin isn't on a lake I had a blast growing up here! We don't own it anymore but it will always be my home in my heart, so many memories there. This is in Minnesota.
This is my home in Wisconsin. You could say that it's where I "grew up". You know that song The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert, well that pretty much describes this house for me. I mean at least for my teenage years. This house is where we have our dog Suzy buried in the garden, where I learned everything I know about farming, it's where I learned how to be Mrs. Cravitz (TV show Bewitched nosy neighbor). Letting go is hard but my home is in Christ, so wherever he leads me I know I'm being well looked after. I have moved 20 times in my 21 years. Traveling is just natural for me. A new adventure new discoveries. New friends. Friends are so great to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment