Friday, May 13, 2011

Quicky

How do I describe these past few months? I cannot even put into words right now how I feel... The bulk of everyone left today and there is one team to leave tomorrow. Let me try to express how I am feeling right now, I will do the best I can. This past week:
Monday - Friday I cooked for 90 people Lunch & Dinner
Friday was base clean up day which means we deep clean the base for the next school to come in. - I made lunch then we were back at it at 2pm and I was scrubbing the stoves and directing people. -- fun times
Friday night I stayed up with everyone because really it was the last night I get to hang with all these people.
I went to bed at 2am and got up at 5:30am to see people off...

So running on fumes all day and from a week of fullness I am happy to say I feel we finished strong. Today when I did get up I had a flash back of when I used to work long days at Subway. My body was aching and it felt like the good ol' days. Anyways I am sad to see these guys go because I don't see them again. I was close with some of the girls and they will be life long friends. Most people that come through here are guaranteed life long friends. I know the water works will come soon but for now I'm exhausted. Some of you are probably thinking what is she doing updating her blog? Well it's almost dinner time and I don't want to go to bed hungry.
A new season a new leaf turning. God is doing a lot here in the south pacific. I can feel it and I am blessed to be apart of it. All of you are too! This season has gone fast, which not gonna lie I was praying for that! I was hoping that the snowboarders would come soon because that means smaller groups and a smaller number to cook for. :) So I was thinking about the people that have poured into my life and the hero's in my life. I am grateful for the people that are in my life, young and old-er. Everyone of you is a blessing.
We are starting a video blog here in Oxford, a friend of mine and I are going to do updates so I will wire you the link once we get started. I hope it makes you laugh because it's gonna be good! Alright, it's dinner time. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment