Christmas Eve service last night was lovely. We went to the midnight service at an anglican church. I'll admit it was great to be in church for Christmas. We sang Christmas songs and regular songs with a great message. The night before that we went to "Twas a night before Christmas" production in Bethlehem here in TAURANGA! For those of you who don't know, I am living in TAURANGA for the summer! I am no where near Christchurch, I'm on a completely different Island!!! Anyways back to what I was saying, the turn out for Christmas here is incredible. Granted it's summer, it feels like Christmas in July at home. The part of the message that really caught me that I want to share with you is this:
- Humbly you came to the earth you created - that is a line of a song that we always sing.
I never really stopped to think about what it meant until last night. Jesus was the son of God, he had more power than all of us and yet he was born in a manger. In the lowliest place all through life. He was not boastful about what he could do but he pointed everything back to God. Jesus did everything by "going low". It just amazes me what he did for little ol me and for you! We are worth so much to him that he would die for us. Yet we put him in a box and just get him out when we want him. (not saying everyone is like this) He has to come to us and be invited in, when really we should be going to him. I guess I never really thought of it like that! I think it's sweet and it gave me a whole different perspective on the Lord as well as a deeper revelation of him.
A New Zealand Christmas was amazing, Steak on the barby, summer dress, sitting outside and eating a delicious meal! What more could you ask for.... Well actually I will admit that no matter how much of a NOMAD that I am, I do actually miss home for the holidays. This was my first one spending it with another family but my second one away from home. It's strange with all the "family traditions" that each family has. Although the family I'm staying with I really do just fit right in, I'm older than both the kids but only by a few years. The boy reminds me of my little brother and that's our relationship which is awesome how God gives you the people with certain aspects of other people just to make you feel at home. As well the grandparents that are living in the same house remind me of my grandparents which is awesome! We laugh a lot but I laugh harder with my grandparents. Fair enough I know them better... :)
The picture I have up is from the botanical rose gardens in Christchurch. It is my representation of a clean path for the next year. Something that is simple, elegant, smells good, not well traveled... Just something new! I'm real excited for 2012 and what it holds! I can't wait to see what God is going to do and where he is going to lead all of us! I pray that he blesses everyone with an abundance of his love and grace in the coming year!
God Bless,
-C-
No comments:
Post a Comment