"To please God . . . to be a real ingredient in the divine happiness . . . to be loved by God, not merely pitied, but delighted in as an artist delights in his work or a father in a son - it seems impossible, a weight or burden of glory which our thoughts can hardly sustain. But so it is." - C.S. LewisI'm reading this book right now that is just rocking me up and down. I love it. This quote pretty much sums up the book. I spent at least a few days just breaking down this quote. The way I can best put it is in the analogy of cooking, when you make something and you need specific ingredients. Each ingredient plays a part in the master piece or divine happiness if you will. When it is done you delight over what you have created. He delights in us so much that he is ravished by one glace from us. Honestly he doesn't need us, he's God. But he delights in us because we are made in his image. The weight of his glory.
"Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what he is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is." - Oswald ChambersI honestly think God has the best sense of humor. I always ask what my future looks like just hoping for one glimpse. But God is gracious. I think if he showed me the future I would spend the rest of my life trying to get there. When really I need to enjoy where I'm at. Simply God just wants us to know who he is then he will walk our journey with us. Just the other day I was giving one of my leaders a hard time, in a joking way, I know they work hard to keep everything ticking but we never see them. And that night we were in a large number of youth and we had to split into groups of 5 to pray for specific things. Lo and behold this leader was in my group, out of 120 people and I'm in the same group as them?! I just laughed and said God you have a very funny sense of humor. When it came time to pray for our leaders and "schools" they said "Alright, Courtney lead us out!" with a smirk on their face. I couldn't stop giggling because of how God works. This is just one of the many times in my life God has done this to me. But if I had known that was going to happen I would have probably avoided that group.
He is a good and gracious God. It's really all about him. As interns we were helping out with this group called Emerge. They are an amazing group, once a month they get together with all the youth groups in Tauranga. They pray for the city, schools, families and so on. It's awesome seeing the youth come out in abundance. We had worship to start off and I was taken on a journey back to being 14 or 15 at youth group when the music was sooo loud. I was thinking last night why do youth always have the music so loud? I had a few different thoughts 1. that the youth are so on fire that they turn the music up to keep the enemy out. 2. They need loud music to break in and focus. or 3. They are deaf from listening to their own music. Not too sure but I am going to go with reason #1. I felt like I was worshiping with my snowboarders again. Everyone jumping and dancing. It was so amazing!
Glory to God....
No comments:
Post a Comment