Not really.... So there was this course running up here in Tauranga. It's called Rescue Net. What they do is if there is a natural disaster like the earthquake in Haiti and all the other places, they can get deployed to go and help in these situations. They pull people out of buildings, check to make sure they are ok, bandage anything broken, etc. So the students on this course are put into real life scenarios. In order to do that they needed people to act as hurt people. So I went to help out with two scenarios. In the first one I was supposed to have a broken nose so they put a mixture of cornflour, red food coloring and water on my face without putting vasoline on first. So that means that it dyes your skin for a few days. (another story) So I had "blood" dripping down my jacket, onto my pants and in my mouth so I could spit it out.
In the second scenario I was terminal. I "hit my head on the steering wheel" so my brain was knocked around too much and it started leaking out of my ears. Which they put vasoline in my ears to show that. Which ended up melting down my ears because I was too warm. As well as the black makeup around my eyes to show that blood had seeped into the sinus pockets. So at the end of the night this is what I looked like:
It was a lot of fun to help out with it, it felt a little weird "dying" but I got over it. I remember when I was part of a mock accident in high school that was fun! This was the same but more fun because I knew the people that were rescuing me. So I titled it this just to show my mom I'm still alive! :)
Funny story:
The next day I went to church and my face and hands were still pretty red. So I scrubbed and scrubbed my face first with lemon juice which ended up with my face burning and stinging, then with soap which didn't do anything! Then I washed it with my face wash and it still didn't really get it off. So being the smart girl I am I wore a red scarf to church which no one could tell my face was dyed red. Then comes Monday and my face was back to normal my hands took about a week or so to come right.
No comments:
Post a Comment