I arrived on October 2nd, it took about 2 days to get over the jet lag. I love it so far, everyone is so nice it feels like a family. There are 22 people in the Backpackers DTS 11 girls and 11 boys. Right now they have 3 DTS going on. The weather has been getting warmer. They are spring going into summer. Today was so nice in the upper 60's. Today was our first real day of lectures and being involved with everything. Our schedule goes like this:
7:30-8 Breakfast
8-Morning Work Duties
9- Lectures
1- Lunch
3- they usually have something planned it changes from day to day.
6- Dinner
after dinner we have free time. I am so excited for what God is going to show me and how he is going to use me. So far he has been showing up in big and small ways. I would have to say that street ministry is my favorite part so far. We go to Christchurch every Friday night and do either street or rock climbing ministry. I feel like I'm in the right place, I did have some doubts about whether this was right for me or not but God took all the doubts and fears from me and has shown me that He is the only way and that I need to just give it all to him and live every moment for him and help other people that don't yet know him. Some prayer requests I have are for health, we are all a long way from home and need to stay healthy for what we are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment