Sunday, November 29, 2009
West Coast
This past weekend we went to the West Coast. It is so different from the east coast. Just like in the states how the west and east coast are different. It was so good to see the ocean again, just something about it makes me smile. I feel closer to God when I'm near something that is so huge in his creation like the ocean. We stayed in a hostel that was right on the ocean, we met some nice people. 2 guys from Germany, Pascal & Daniel they were very nice. Daniel made curry bread and shared it with us all, he and I talked about baking he said he loves to bake and so do I. He gave me the name of a chef Jamie Oliver. He said he has his cook book and uses it for traveling because the recipes are so easy to follow. They were so nice. We went to see the pancake rocks which they look exactly like pancakes stacked on top of each other, along with blow holes in the rocks, where the water would shoot out of. All in All it was a very good weekend. Great weather on Sunday and although it was a long van ride over there we still had fun. This week Backpackers are all by ourselves. Earthcare and Crossroads is gone, so there are not a lot of people on base, it's kind of weird but it's nice and peaceful. My room has lost 2 people Liz and Sam are earthcare students. We miss them so, they are gone for this entire week. Our room is like a home we all are sisters and we all care about and love each other so much, I love it because I have that sisterhood here and we all keep each other in check. But for now it is a rainy day and I need to catch up on some things. I hope everyone is doing great out there and I thank everyone for their prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment