Thursday, June 24, 2010

10 cups of coffee

So in this house or on this base when you make coffee you always make a full pot. Reason being because when you have coffee you are never alone! I love it because we always have a pot on! I drink coffee pretty much whenever through out the day. You know you have those ones that like a specific coffee a specific way but for me coffee is coffee, it's caffeine why complain! The students all come this weekend and it's real exciting on base! Everyone is rushing around getting things ready and getting the base ready! I think I'm ready but then again I don't really have to prepare myself it's just an extra 24 people I'll be cooking for which rounds it off to a nice 55 people in total! Except for the second week to where we have a kids camp running with us just for a week but that makes it a nice super 100 people. I have already apologized to people for that week in case if I get a little stroppy as they say here. I've been reading about David and how he handles things. David pretty much got whatever he wanted, until it came to something he couldn't have but took it anyway. I guess I just have to remember that I can't have whatever I want I can only have what God gives me, then that brings me back to the saying "God will either lighten your load or strengthen your back" Which isn't so bad I guess. As long as your heart is in the right place you will be blessed one way or another. Failure is a blessing in disguise which I have to remind myself of once in a while. Or this might be better you can find a blessing in everything! yep that's it!
You know what is just so amazing is loving people! I love to love people. All shapes and sizes and ages and characteristics! People are beautiful and deserve to be loved. I mean don't get me wrong sometimes I think it's impossible to love someone but then God meets me and says look at them this way, the way I see them. Which is just stinkin' awesome!!!! Being in this type of setting with people coming and going every couple of months it's hard to get attatched. I say to myself should I really get to know this person although they're leaving in a couple months. The answer is yes because I can learn something from everyone, life is like a highway some people will ride along side you for a while then take their exit, some people will come and go, and some stay with you forever. I love that saying it's so true!
Nevertheless I am so stoked for this snowboarders school to take off! Often I forget I'm in New Zealand because it feels so much like home. Which it should since I'm here for 2 years or who knows how long. I hope everyone is enjoying the nice sunny warm weather, don't worry about me I'm just enjoying the nice, cold, snowy weather. It's awesome! Have a great weekend!

Don't let the little things pass you by, enjoy them while they're here...

No comments:

Post a Comment