We really need to respect each other, because that means we respect God. My roommate and I were talking that God is probably the biggest optimist, just hoping that we make the right decision or say the right thing to people we may need more love towards. Respect means: an act of giving particular attention. Respect in a way is showing Love towards a person or situation. So in the morning I get up at 6:30 and do my devotions til about 8am. God is really teaching me how to be humble and how to be a leader like David. I love David he is one of my heroes! What I'm learning here on base is that I am not only getting humbled, but that others around me need to humble themselves. Because I am only 20 and head of the kitchen. When there's a problem people come to me when they need something or have a problem. Since I am long term I am the house monitor for my house. I just found out today how much authority I really have and how much I over see. You know, I don't let it go to my head because I just give it straight back to God, I don't really want any of it. He has it and those are the only hands I would trust with it. So in a way I am humbling myself, along with others. I know it's hard for people that are older than me to submit to my leadership and What I say goes mentality I've worked with so many people like that and you know those are the ones I learn so much from, just by how they respond. I know it will help me in the future.
God is just one amazing man my day is always brighter because I know he has my back. He has yours too don't worry. The kitchen here is a hub and I love it. One joke on base right now is that the Kitchen is the new Living room and we are going to move couches into it because since I started a couple weeks ago there are probably about 5 people in there whenever there's a break or whenever at night. Pretty much whenever I'm cooking, people always stop to say hi or to talk. I love it because it reminds me of home and it's just such a meeting point. Well or it's a trap because people think well she has to cook so she can't go anywhere. Just kidding I don't look at it that way! It is amazing to see God move through me and through people that come to visit...
No comments:
Post a Comment