So today is Sunday, we have 20 of the students here. There are four more that arrive on Tuesday. I have to cook for the welcome party tonight, I'm pretty excited. While I was praying last night I was asking God what he thought of me. I try to do it once a month just for encouragement and to see how much I've grown on the inside. With all the chaos that's about to start I need to keep my focus on God. When I have an off day every thing is off, the food, my conversations, my quiet times. I never realized how much it effects everything!
I always get these silly songs stuck in my head like right now it's Beautiful Bride by Flyleaf. I can thank my lovely brother for getting me hooked on flyleaf. They are pretty much amazing. We are all beautiful brides of Christ. When one of us is down we all suffer. "As for those who seemed to be important - whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance - those men added nothing to my message" - Galatians 2:6 This says that if impressing man was my mission then I wouldn't be God's servant. I love that! We need to do everything for God and for his Glory not for the glory of man or the recognition of anyone but God! Everything I do I do for him and only him. I am fully alive in him and love him so much. He loves all of us and wants to see all of us prosper into his will for each of us. It's hard to give the future up to him because we all have a plan whether that's a 2 or 5 year or a 2 to 5 month plan. We all have it, and it's so hard to just go ok God here you go do what you want with it! It was really hard for me because I have in mind what I wanted to do and who I wanted to be with. But you know God's plan is so much better and being here in New Zealand is beyond what I had ever planned. God has really given me a peace about everything, which is really an amazing feeling. I know I'm going to be here for a while because I have a lot to learn and he has a lot to teach me. So for today I am fully alive in him because he gives me the strength and the love I need to get through. Love all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment