KIA KAHA CHRISTCHURCH
A year ago today the Christchurch earthquake hit at 12:51pm. This earthquake was a real damaging one. It shook and shook. People just going about their day which was disturbed. I remember what I was doing that exact day, I'll probably never forget it. I was cooking at YWAM Oxford, preparing lunch, I remember I had it in the oven and I was about to set everything out when my pots and pans started to rattle. It felt like a wave had gone through the floor. I had to grab onto the counter because it was such a big quake. I remember running outside along with everyone else. Nothing was damaged on the base but then we saw Christchurch. Devastating. I remember we sent people into the city that night to bring back survivors. We had mostly Israelis come out to the base to stay. I took them into the airport the next morning. It was chaotic and the city will never be how it used to be.
At 12:51pm New Zealand time which is 5:51pm Central time we are having a moment of silence for the lives lost in the earthquake. If you would like to pray and join in you are most welcome.....
Kia Kaha means be strong...
No comments:
Post a Comment