"The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." - Psalm 145:9It's valentines day here in NZ. So today it's just another day. I was thinking about the peace that the Lord gives to us all in the situations that we need it. I heard a pastor once say:
"The amount of peace you have in a situation measures the amount of trust you have in the lord."
It left me chewing for a while. I've come to the conclusion that yes this is true. When you fully give it to the Lord to deal with or take care of he will deliver his peace. I guess for me the future is a big thing, asking questions like What do I have a passion for? or What am I doing with my life?! All these silly questions that I ask myself because I'm in a panic that I'm not "moving" anywhere but staying put for a bit. I am currently in Tauranga which is on the North Island of NZ. Some of you know but I am applying to do the Awaken Internship at the Tauranga House Of Prayer. It's a 3 month internship based around sitting and listening to God. 4 hours a day in the prayer room Monday - Friday with lecture in the afternoon. I'm in the application process right now but there's a good chance of getting in. THOP is not YWAM but they are like distant relatives. It's a movement based on the marriage of missions & prayer. I'm stoked to see what God is going to do in my life at this time. It starts in April and finishes in July. I had a feeling when the Lord brought me up here for a "vacation" that I would be staying longer. He has rocked me since I've been up here already, so we shall see what happens when I have to sit and be in his presence 40 hours a week. I'm pretty excited.
This valentines day I'm reminded of how my relationship with the Lord has just deepened so much over the past year. 2011 was a real hard year with a lot of growing and painful lessons. That the Lord used to reveal so much in my life that I didn't know was there. A constant love dance with the Lord is how I would describe my deepening and growth in the Lord. As well as his sense of humor which is never-ending with me. Sometimes I feel I can hear him laughing and saying, "stop trying to figure it out!" He's a pretty cool character with a lot to offer in love and grace! I really think Valentines day is a stupid holiday, everyday should really be v-day. Loving and caring for the people around you! right? They aren't really big on it over here like we are in the states.
I am enjoying how deep the Lord is and how unknown most of the depth is. It's like the ocean, it's huge and deep and some or most parts have been untouched. All the uncharted territory there is for us to discover! How sweet is that! We have the lord to take us there too! One of my sayings is to "Dive into the Unknown". I'm pretty black and white when it comes to a lot of things, either you're all in or not in at all. So I guess when it comes to doing new things like take the house of prayer, I'm all in. I am a little nervous because it is uncharted territory and I don't know what to expect. But I'm going in without expectation, just waiting for God.
"The best things take the most time"This quote has been rattling my brain the past few days. I keep hearing it in various places. I keep relating it back to relationships for me, in friendship, romantically, family and so on.
The best thins take time, because they are being refined and made into something soo good that you need to be patient and wait. It may take a few years or a few months depending on the type of relationship. My relationship with the Lord has grown so much over the past few years since being in New Zealand. I though I was living the dream in America. Living downtown a great city, working two jobs, owning my own business, a great truck and so on. Anyways "chasing the american dream" was not what God had in mind for me. Which is great because those few years of doing that really felt empty. I thought it was what I wanted and what would be fulfilling but I was totally wrong! He opened my eyes to see that life can be really short so do what you are passionate about and desire before it's too late....
No comments:
Post a Comment