Friday, April 13, 2012

Whanau Hui

Well what is there to say. 9 days and I start the internship. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm in one way looking forward to it and in another way I'm thinking to myself how can I sit for 4 hours a day? Then I snap back into reality and tell myself if God wants me there he will give me the strength. I know it's going to be incredible and so extremely amazing! This weekend we are having the YWAM New Zealand Family Gathering or Whanau Hui (Maori). It is like having a massive family reunion. I am loving every minute of it! Catching up with people that I haven't seen since last year is so great! It really is family and you realize how long you've been around when you know most of the people in the room. For the session tonight we went to the House Of Prayer and prayed for New Zealand and calling the younger generation forth. I love it because it's like two worlds colliding. How they intermingle is incredible.
I will always be a YWAMer. That is something that once you're in YWAM you are never out of it. I love the people that God has placed in my life since I decided to do my DTS back in '09. I also love how New Zealand is such a small country and it is full of so many amazing people. It's a rich abounding country. It may be small but it won't go down without a fight. At the gathering we have different sessions where different people share. It is so great to hear how other people are and what they are up to. I always get excited about pioneering. I'm not sure what yet but I feel something in the future that God will have me take up.
This season of my life, I know is going to be a very hard one. Compared to last season when I was still cooking and getting ready for the Snowboarder DTS. I have come to realize that I miss cooking a lot and I miss snowboarding and being on the mountain around the people as well. There's just something about being on the top of a mountain in the middle of winter looking out over the scenery and just saying God you're pretty much the coolest then hearing him whisper through the wind. It gives me a sense of Joy and peace knowing that in that very moment nothing can happen and nothing can change that.
I heard this quote today that I quite liked:
"Once you give your heart to the Lord, WE ARE ALL UNDER CONSTRUCTION."
I had to stop and think for a minute. It makes so much sense though. No one is perfect and no one is complete. We are all 'under construction' we are all working on our issues and problems. We are all in this TOGETHER. That's what I love about the brothers and sisters we have around the world constantly praying for each of us. I have four very close friends that are constantly praying. We send around a traveling letter to each other and each write and update then send it to the next person. We've been doing it for about two years now. It is full of encouragement and words from the lord. Anyways back to the construction. I had to stop because the season that I'm ending right now and the season I'm beginning are two very different ones. It's hard to know what you're doing when you're in limbo and when you're waiting to see what's going to happen. So with this quote it helped me because I understand that I'm continually being worked on and continually being chiseled. Which is sooo cool! The Lord's work is never done! He cares about us so much and just see's the potential in us that he wants the best for us!
So with that I'll close since it's past my bed time and I'm feeling sleep deprived! Bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet-as blog post roomie! Esp the part about our letter :D

    ReplyDelete